Peter Borwein Annual Graduate Scholarship in Mathematical and Computational Modelling of Complex Systems
The Peter Borwein Annual Graduate Scholarship in Mathematical and Computational Modelling of Complex Systems was established in April 2010 by the IRMACS Centre at SFU to recognize the scientific contribution of the Centre's founder Dr. Peter Borwein.
The Peter Borwein Annual Graduate Scholarship in Mathematical and Computational Modelling of Complex Systems is an annual award valued at $1,000. The eligibility criteria for this award are:
- Demonstrated academic excellence.
- Full-time registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in one of the following departments, faculties, and schools: Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology, Department of Criminology, Department of Economics, Department of Geography, Department of Gerontology, Department of Mathematics, Department of Statistics and Actuarial Science, Faculty of Health Sciences, School of Computing Science, and School of Engineering Science.
- Promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research.
- Salem Malikic, School of Computing Science - 2014/2015
- Ali Nadaf, Department of Mathematics & CSMG - 2013/2014
- Gregory (Tim) Kelly, Graduate Studies, Special Arrangment - 2012/2013
- Philippe J. Giabbanelli, Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology & MoCCSy Program - 2011/2012
- Ali Khalili Araghi, School of Computing Science - 2010/2011
Peter Borwein Scholarship Endowment Fund
To honour all that Dr. Peter Borwein has done for the IRMACS Centre, for SFU, and for society, we are asking you to donate to the Peter Borwein Graduate Scholarship Endowment Fund.